As Christmas approaches and we start thinking about entertaining, here’s an idea that sounds like it’s straight out of Abigail’s party – but don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.
A great combo for our beef bresaola is grapes. A slice of bresaola, a grape and a chunk of parmesan on a cocktail stick is the tastiest no-carb aperitif accompaniment you can get. The freshness of the grape is what hits first, then the salty parmesan…. and then the beef flavours start to come in and it’s these tastes of the countryside that linger on your palate.
Whilst talking beef bresaola, we’re often asked what inspired our canapé kit. The answer is, it was inspired by the way Italians eat it…. on a bed of rocket with parmesan shavings on top and a drizzle of olive oil.
For our canapé kits, we condense it into a pesto and sit it on a parmesan thin, but if you fancy the salad version, here’s my handy checklist:
– a pack of our award-winning beef bresaola
– a handful of rocket per person
– salad dressing (I use 1 part white balsamic to 4 parts extra virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of dijon mustard and salt & pepper)
– as many shavings of parmesan as you fancy (we use Sussex’s own Twineham Grange)
– a drizzle of olive oil to finish